Shelf Science Team
- Bob Ballard (host researcher)
- Janet Haggerty (guest researcher)
- Charles Messing (guest researcher)
- Dana Yoerger (navigation)
- NR-1 EATS team: Jon Howland (imaging), Jim Bohnsack (host researcher), Bob Hueter (host researcher)
- Student and Teacher Argonauts and other guest researchers.
The Humps and Shelf:
Janet Haggerty is a geochemist interested in the source for the carbonate sediments on the humps as well as the terrace surrounding it. A basic bathymetric map will be produced by Jon through geographical navigation data collected by Dana and the NR-1 EATS team. The NR-1 EATS team will assist in collecting substrate samples, and water samples. These samples will be analyzed for composition.
Charles Messing will incorporate some of the geochemical information Janet collects with an alpha study of croinoids (fauna) in the area.
As described above, Jim and Bob will also conduct alpha studies of fish and sharks. This data too can be integrated.
Back to April Expedition Journal
JASON Project homepage ||
Teachers' Guide ||
Students' Corner ||
Gene Carl Feldman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Todd Carlo Viola, JASON Foundation for Education (email@example.com)
Revised: 31 March 1996