Who Am I?
Students will be able to preview the various topics of the Ocean
Planet exhibition through a guessing game.
Materials (one per student)
- stick pins/safety pins
- Who Am I cards (in packet)
Photocopy the following pages with the Who Am Icards on them.
Don't cut up your originals. Cut apart all the pieces along the
Special Note: You can use this activity online or you can print it
out to use in your classroom. The answer key is at the end of the
- Pin one card on the back of each student. The student should not
see the contents of the card. Advise students that the answer to their
identity can be found in the exhibition.
- Students should move about the room asking classmates for clues
about who they are. You may want to have students write down their
- After 5-10 minutes, ask students to return to their seats.
Students may or may not be able to figure out their identity. Remind
them that these are subjects or objects found in the exhibition.
- Discuss the identity of each student.
- Encourage students to learn more about their identity at the Ocean Planet exhibition.
Ocean Planet Exhibition Floorplan
gene carl feldman (firstname.lastname@example.org) (301) 286-9428
Judith Gradwohl, Smithsonian Institution (Curator/Ocean Planet)